Word.  JT music is inextricably woven into the fabric of my life.  I used to
pick the lock on my big sister's bedroom door, sneak in, and read her
incredibly juicy diary while playing her inspired record collection.  I
admit it.  Sorry, Lynita.  She had James Taylor: In the Pocket.  I could
sing you every song, side to side, without even thinking even now.  It's
burned into me I tell you.  Lifelong favorite.

And don't forget Joni's harmonies with JT on "Only One."  That's a sweet
song and the kind of golden music I wish Joni would remint on her own,
frankly.  Cruel jest to compare him to Lennon though, as much as I love me
some JT.  He's not all *that*.  It's an apples to aardvarks comparison,
really.  I'd take JT tunes to a desert island before McCartney though,
granted.

-Julius

np: Patty Griffin, live.  "Rain"