I agree, Kate, that the reviewers have missed the point. And I haven't even heard the
record yet! I've heard some songs via the Website and have been intrigued to the point
of total excitement. I am also not a "Joni can do no wrong" fan and actually dislike
some of her songs, but Travelogue is so vastly different than anything anyone has
done, fans just have to be enamoured. I frankly think that people are a little afraid
of it. If I was a reviewer not familiar with Joni's pursuit of new territory as the
undercurrent of her musical development, I'd be totally intimidated by Travelogue.
"Hmmm, which box do I put it in? The Britney box? No. The McCartney box? No.
Classical? No. Jazz? Not really..." I see the potential for insanity.

As for Will & Grace, I may as well weigh in. I hate it. I'm gay and find it sort of
offensive to watch two straight men act like gay men. Something about it rubs me the
wrong way. It's the new version of "blackface" in show business, getting heteros to
play homos as stereotypically as possible while homos are eternally kept in the
broadway chorus lines. Show me a show about REAL gay lives and maybe I'll be
interested. And, no, don't get me started on Queer As Folk...

-Andrew