<Andrew said> I think what gets me about the show is that it's seen as a "gay show"
when it's anything but. There's enough heterosexual content in it to make it palatable
to the masses, which is one of the reasons why Ellen failed - it was TOO LESBIAN for
mainstream audiences. W&G is made for straight audiences who happen to like those
"quirky little gays" in the periphery of their lives. There's just something clownish
and insulting about it.

It's just a sitcom...so I'm reluctant to debate, but I just want to say that you're
right it is made to be palatable to the masses - the point of the show is to draw as
many viewers as it can so that advertisers shell out the bucks.

But who are these straight people who want quirky little gays in the periphery of
their lives?  I guess I feel that's insulting.  All kinds of people enjoy the show.

All the characters are stereotypical to some extent - neurotic, single jewish woman,
the Irish drunk....

<Andrew said> The day I see Will or Jack give their respective boyfriends a long,
sensuous kiss on screen, the way Grace does with her love interest, is the day I may
start watching it.

This just may be the season that happens.

Jenny