In a message dated 11/22/2002 6:27:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Ray Manzarek (sp?) was a
> superb keyboardist, and Robbie Kreiger was no slouch on guitar, either.

BIG Doors fan here, Hell. "When The Music's Over" is my theme song! :~)

One of the reasons they worked so well, from what I've read, is that they
were a composite of four distinct different genres; Morrison the poet,
Manzarek the classicist, Densmore a jazz drummer, and Krieger a blues
guitarist. Sounds like it wouldn't work but the proof as we know is right
there in the grooves.

A classic case of 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts'.

Bob

NP: Joni, Morning Morgantown