In a message dated 26/11/2002 23:53:04 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Funny you should mention Bert Jansch, Jacky.
> I just was thinking the other day about albums
> I've never owned  - but felt like I did because
> friends played them so often - and I'm always
> amazed to find are not amongst my CDs when
> I go looking.
>
> Jack Orion for one.

Interesting. That's why I've been enjoying looking through the Transatlantic
goodies on Sanctuary and choosing albums I didn't buy at the time for one
reason or another - usually a combination of lack of funds and not quite
loving the music enough, I guess. Re: Bert - I have a pretty extensive
collection of his work and it still gives me great pleasure to listen to,
including Jack Orion, although, at the time, I found that a very strange and
difficult album - so different from his previous work. Since the publication
of Colin Harper's book, I've been searching fruitlessly for a copy of
"Avocet" which Bert, himself, rates as one of his best, but is unavailable.
I'm desperate for it to be re-released.
On a Joni note, one of my all time favourite albums is Bert and John
(Renbourn, of course) which includes a beautiful version of Goodbye Pork Pie
Hat. I wonder if Bob has that one?

Good to hear from you, Paul,

Jacky