> I was just wondering everyone's opinion about why Joni and Bob Dylan
> >never
> became romantically involved???? They were obviously knew alot of the
> >same
> people and traveled to the same places......why no court and spark???

Court and Spark might just have been part of the problem.  There's an
interesting story in one of Dylan's biographies - (possibly Clinton Heylin's
'Behind the Shades', but I may have just made that up to make me look
better) - about an evening the two of them spent together with their
respective entourages in January 1974, the month both Court and Spark and
Planet Waves were released.  Dylan's hangers-on set the Master's new LP on
the turntable; and, naturally, proceeded to praise it as a work of genius.
Unfazed, Joni then put the needle down on her own latest effort.... to
widespread indifference, most notably from Dylan himself.  Of course, the
story may be apocryphal, but the more you read about Dylan, the more sense
you get of a mammoth ego that needs constant attention.  For a strong-willed
woman with an ego of her own, and a talent to match, it can't have been
appealing (just look at what happened to Joan Baez - the Rolling Thunder
revue was damaging for her in a way that it wasn't for Joni, because she and
the Bobmeister had never been involved).  Plus, having always been stuck
with that patronising 'female Dylan' tag,  it would have done Joni's
credibility no favours; and it could have only ended in murder, as I think
she herself has said.  But you get the impression that each of them still
has a wary respect for the other.

(Even though Court and Spark is to Planet Waves what Blonde on Blonde is to
Sunshine Superman.)

You tend to hear it said that most people who have Blue in their record
collection will have a corresponding Blood on the Tracks somewhere.  Are
most Joni Mitchell fans at least vague Bob Dylan fans too?

Adam    (Hello, I'm a fresher here, don't beat me up.)