I have Blood on the Tracks, and think it is a great album but I am not a
huge fan of Bob Dylan, I could never really relate to him like I can to
Joni...I also had this really apathetic friend in college who is a genius
but does nothing now except take money from his parents, drink coffee and
smoke ciggarettes and he lives and dies by Dylan and everytime I hear any
Dylan I think of his wasted potential and he refuses to even consider
Joni in the same league which pisses me off to no end...

If you look at the men Joni did date....JT, David Crosby, and Graham Nash
(to name a few) they were all bohemian style men as opposed to the
scraggly look of Bob Dylan (although JT did have a scraggly look about
him, he is pretty tall)...if I were to take a guess I would say that the
reason they didn't ever go out is because Joni is just way to good for
him at least that is what she would say...ha ha

>From: "Adam Mulvey" >Reply-To: "Adam Mulvey" >To: >Subject: Re: Joni &
Dylan, why didn't it ever happen?? >Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:09:14 -0000
> > > I was just wondering everyone's opinion about why Joni and Bob
Dylan > > >never > > became romantically involved???? They were obviously
knew alot of the > > >same > > people and traveled to the same
places......why no court and spark??? > >Court and Spark might just have
been part of the problem. There's an >interesting story in one of Dylan's
biographies - (possibly Clinton Heylin's >'Behind the Shades', but I may
have just made that up to make me look >better) - about an evening the
two of them spent together with their >respective entourages in January
1974, the month both Court and Spark and >Planet Waves were released.
Dylan's hangers-on set the Master's new LP on >the turntable; and,
naturally, proceeded to praise it as a work of genius. >Unfazed, Joni
then put the needle down on her own latest effort.... to >widespread
indifference, most notably from Dylan himself. Of course, the >story may
be apocryphal, but the more you read about Dylan, the more sense >you get
of a mammoth ego that needs constant attention. For a strong-willed
>woman with an ego of her own, and a talent to match, it can't have been
>appealing (just look at what happened to Joan Baez - the Rolling Thunder
>revue was damaging for her in a way that it wasn't for Joni, because she
and >the Bobmeister had never been involved). Plus, having always been
stuck >with that patronising 'female Dylan' tag, it would have done
Joni's >credibility no favours; and it could have only ended in murder,
as I think >she herself has said. But you get the impression that each of
them still >has a wary respect for the other. > >(Even though Court and
Spark is to Planet Waves what Blonde on Blonde is to >Sunshine Superman.)
> >You tend to hear it said that most people who have Blue in their
record >collection will have a corresponding Blood on the Tracks
somewhere. Are >most Joni Mitchell fans at least vague Bob Dylan fans
too? > >Adam (Hello, I'm a fresher here, don't beat me up.)