[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Who in hell is "attempting to shut down the brainstorming about it so early
> on"?

Good grief, back off! Take a chill pill. First it was your
out-of-the-blue anger at discussing smoking in the context of Joni's
statue, and then it's "the artist will do that" comment. That, among
other posts, definitely sends out an "end of discussion" message.

And, yes, I do agree that Bruce's and Michael's comments deserve notice.
I happen to disagree with the "all figurative statues are awful"
assumption and think it shuts down some possibilities way too early in
the process, but probably many people agree completely with them and
with you. So what? Is it all really something to start cursing about? I
don't think so.

Debra Shea