--- "Mary E. Pitassi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
> As it is, I know that the
> U.S. Navy's precision
> flying squad, the Blue Angels, which performs in air
> shows around the country,
> completes its early training in late fall of each
> year at the Naval Air
> Station in Pensacola, FL.  But then, around January,
> the Blue Angels pack up
> to begin even more serious training in--you got
> it--the desert, in and around
> Southern California.
>
> There are six Blue Angel planes in the squad.  Their
> "vapor trails," given the
> intricacy and symmetry of their exercises, are quite
> memorable.

And Joni's Dad was in the airforce, so she probably
pays more attention to planes than some might. Her Dad
probably told her a lot about them. My Dad wasn't in
the airforce, but he was in the army intelligence
corps. Not "intelligence" as in James Bond spying, but
something along those lines, sneaking around the
Netherlands and so on to figure out what the Germans
were up to. He was very good at figuring out things
about planes just by their shape and by the sounds
they made. I think people who have been in the
military, especially during wartime, do pay more
attention to that kind of stuff, and they would pass
it on to their kids.

I used to think that "hexagram" was another word for
"Hexagon" ("It was the hexagram of the heavens, it was
the strings of my guitar") and so I did visualize one
of those airshow formations with the vapor trails
making a hexagon shape in the sky. However, apparently
it has to do with the I-Ching, which uses six-line
(hexagram) combinations to provide clarity in personal
situations and a whole bunch of other stuff that I
couldn't explain, because I'm not into it, though I've
tried it once or twice for fun. You can see more on -
where else - the web - here's a url with some info on
it:
http://www.tarot.com/about-oracle/?l=20&file=faqs

=====
Catherine