--- Moni Kellermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: >
Regarding the lyrics of  "Venus":

> I personally was a huge fan of the Dutch band
> Shocking Blue when I was in my
> early Teens. Their version is the "original", the
> 80's Bananarama one a cover.
> I used to listen to the Shocking Blue version a lot
> and to me the singer
> Mariska Veres sings "I'm your Venus, I'm your fire,
> Your desire" - there
> clearly is a pause between "fire" and "your", so to
> me there is no "at" in the
> last line of the refrain.

Thank you Moni. I knew the word "blue" was in the name
of the band that did that song first, but all I could
think of was "Blue Swede" who, despite their name, are
also Dutch (I think.) Now I don't have to look it up,
so you've saved me valuable thinking time, which I
will probably spend messin' around doing nothing, but
that's a valid choice too :)

=====
Catherine
Toronto