yes i agree reuben, "judith" marked a change in judy where she >started to sing more flatly and a little passsionless.
but the albums up till then are what i'm talking about. assured, >fearless and groundbreaking. stong guitair strumming and a fierce >altro. there is a lot of good work there in those 10 or 12 lps.
I agree that Judy's vocal approach on "Judith" starts to change. There are a couple of tracks on here that I love despite the change. "Houses" is beautiful lyrically and musically. I feel that this is the best version of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"(I know some will disagree). I also like "Send in the Clowns" but i agree that it would be a horrible Joni song.

I love both of these Laura Nyro albums(Eli... & NYT). When people look at me in the car singing with Lauro they probably think I'm crazy. Yelling and screaming "run, run, run you son of a guuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!" Crazy is good in Miami, people tend to leave you alone.
Will