Richard wrote:

> did I just hear and watch a tv commercial sponsored by Circuit City
> and the Department of Defense?  using Joni's "River"? to solicit
> messages to "our boys" who can't be home for christmas...?  they
> direct you to: http://www.messagefromamerica.com . . .
> why oh why would anyone sell the rights to this song to the US military?

Circuit City had that ad last year around the holidays, too, featuring
Robert Downey, Jr.'s recording of River.  Someone licensed it to Circuit
City not the U.S. military.  Circuit City is just giving people who want to
send video messages to their friends and family in the service a little free
assistance in doing so.

> n.p. Kennedy Center Honors - Liz Taylor gets serenaded by the
> Washington DC Gay Men's Chorus "There Is Nothing Like A Dame"

I saw this and a good hunk of the show tonight.  Thought it was one of the
better ones!

Kakki