Hi Andrew..for being so young..just a baby..;-) your depth and understanding is quite moving. Just wanted to tell you that! Out of the mouth of babes.....

Bree

Np: The Last Time I Saw Richard

So, as the words of the song progressed, I found
myself lost in the aura of the song. The line that
really got me was, "Only a dark cocoon before I get my
gorgeous wings and fly away." I've felt cocooned for
the last few years of my life, unable to really fly
but knowing, in my heart, that I am capable of
soaring. I yearn for that note of truth in my own life
that will steer me in the right direction. The longing
in Joni's voice, the pain and the anguish as she sings
the word "gorgeous" is like a knife stabbing at a soft
heart, giving it scars and toughening it up. The wings
will be gorgeous because of their strength, as will
the heart that compells them to fly.

"The Last Time I Saw Richard" is a song I had never
given much thought to until today. Because of my own
personal circumstance, it had a resounding clarity to
me this time, like I understood in totality the nature
of the emotion she herself was feeling. Just listening
to Blue and coming upon the song like a gem in a river
was such a gift. It's emotional intensity shocked me
and spoke to me in a way it had never done before.

Imagine a song written over 30 years ago having that
kind of impact on a man who wasn't even born when it
was recorded. This is the stuff of Joni's legend.

-Andrew
http://mailplus.yahoo.com