Reading comments from Bob and Colin regarding the orchestral arrangements
on the new album....

I attended the Joni show at the Concord Pavillion in May, 2000.
After the show, I wandered down front to see how some of the orchestra
was mic-ed (it sounded so good). I got to talking to one of the crew and
he told me that Vince arranged all of the "old" material (the songs performed
after the BSN material) in less than a week before the tour began!
Some of that stuff is very complicated (especially "Ludwig's Tune" and
"For The Roses"), so I was doubly impressed that he cranked it out so
quickly AND the arrangements were as great as they were.

So yes, I think that just Joni let him go, perhaps describing what she
wanted and then making changes after he had done the initial charts.
Personally, I think most of the arrangements on "Travelogue" are stunning....

Russ