In a message dated 1/15/03 10:03:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Is it common for people to listen to Walkmen while they are skiing?  Is it
> >safe to do so? Won't the Walkman block the sound of the beginning skier
> >screaming as she's hurtling into you?
>
> The reason I ask is that I'm being dragooned into a Colorado ski vacation
> this February.  I do not know how to ski, yet, and I don't really want to
> go,

Deb, as an average skier who ski's about once a year, I'll tell you
DEFINITELY DON'T TAKE A WALKMAN!!!!  It's extremely dangerous.  You have so
many people that are coming up from behind that will say "to your left" or
"to your right".  It's like driving with a Walkman.  Enjoy the sounds of
nature (and approaching skiers behind you).
When you get back to your cabin or lodge........light a fire, drink some
wine, and listen to anything by Joni (then make passionate love) :~)

Jimmy