Gosh, sorry to interrupt the politics, but wanted to bring you a
quick report from the NAMM show in Anaheim. I picked up Paz Man
at John Wayne (where it seemed every other person was carrying an
instrument case) and we boogied up to the convention center, where
Paz once again proved that he knows EVERYONE in the music business.
After an hour or so of looking at electronic equipment about whose
function I remain clueless we split up and I went off in search of
acoustic music. I saw Kakki's pal Doug MacLeod playing some mean
blues in the National Resophonic booth then went up to the Taylor
Guitars suite to see my pal Andy Robinson and caught a nice set
there by Christopher Shaw and Dan Crary.

I figured I should check out the Martin booth (booth being somewhat
of a misnomer for something that has more square footage than my
condo) and bumped (almost literally) into Graham Nash. Willy was
just hanging out and seemed friendly and approachable, but of course
being English *I* couldn't just go up and say hello. :) I figured
that if Paz were there he would promptly invite GN out for dinner
and we'd all end up at Joni's house or something, so I called him
on his cell phone, to no avail. I had to content myself with
shooting some (hopefully) discrete photos of GN.

Eventually teaming up with Paz again, we went down to the Collings
Guitar booth where he scored us some tickets for a concert tonight
with Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman & Herb Pederson and the amazing
Waybacks. Hopefully Kakki will be joining us for that. We met up with
Michele and Paz took us out for a great Japanese dinner - how come
he knows more restaurants in Orange County than I do???

I should point out that the NAMM badge that Paz secured for me was
in the name of Julius Mills...I know there's a joke in there
somewhere, but I am WAY too bleary eyed to pull it out right now...

Best to all, and you may now resume your political discussions
(if you must)....   :)
Steve Dulson        Costa Mesa CA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The Tinker's Own"                    http://www.tinkersown.com
"The Living Tradition Concert Series" http://www.thelivingtradition.org/