My favorite Joni song  - without a doubt 'A Song for Sharon.' I've noticed discussion
here about when and where Joni fell out of large popular favor, and the consensus
seems to be basically after Court and Spark - my sense is that while C&S was still
about the life and loves of a young woman, her subsequent albums reflected a woman
becoming ever more mature; and I don't think popular culture in this country has much
room for that. I think the Hejira album was Joni finally at the peak of fierce
independence, and 'A Song for Sharon' shows the breadth and depth of feeling that she
has attained as well, and claims as her own. I just love it. - Kent