In a message dated 1/17/2003 2:08:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> TRAIN (too damn busy
> by half);

Plus the original was so fun, and the T'Log version just makes it so dreary.

> SEX KILLS (am I the only one who's fairly sick of that
> song?);

It's a damn fine song BUT certainly not with an orchestral arrangement!! What
were they thinking? It's an angry song, it needs to be more electric, with a
more venomous production, and more energy, and much more uptempo. It amazes
me that nobody knew this one was such an awful marriage, or maybe nobody had
the guts to speak up, or maybe they did & Joni vetoed them, Either way, it's
just a real bad decision.
Same with Cherokee Louise & FTR, these are INTIMATE and personal songs, not
orchestral songs...to subject them to this treatment almost feels like
parody.

> In my "imaginary" T'LOG, these are replaced by HELP ME,
> EDITH, SCARLETT, COTTON AVENUE, LOVE PUTS ON
> A NEW FACE. What is missing for YOU?

New songs! ;~)

Seriously - Shadows & Light (this got the Lyle Mays synth treatment on the
live record; would be nice to hear it with a real and full string section)
And for all the beating it takes, DED has some good songs on it, and there
was an opportunity with T'log to revisit and re-produce some of them without
the 80's cliches. I'd go with Impossible Dreamer as my top pick in this
category.

Bob