I have not yet bought TLOG, nor actually listenened to it but I will buy it
blind if only for the reference to SLOUCHING TOWARDS BETHLEHEM as this is
taken from W B YEATS poem "The SECOND COMING"

I have always felt that Joni read and admired Yeats as there are some
wonderful lyric moments in her songs that remind me of some of his work.....
and the work of TS Elliot too. I would not be the slightest bit surprised if
James Joyce was not a big influence either...

For those of you who are not familiar with The Second Coming I am including
it below with all acknowledgements to copyright and all the legal stuff that
may end up with some sort of "hey that's mine" law suit....So Publlishers be
reminded here that if I get anyone interested in Yeats by copying this poem,
and they buy some of your books I won't come after you for commission.....OK
and you won't sue the JMDL either.....

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot see the falconer;
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand:
The Scond Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image our of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in the dands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Written in 1921 is has such relevance today........ Anyway I will buy TLOG
today and get back to you on it.I expect you will all say "but of course we
knew" but maybe you have not read the poem in recent years and perhaps it
will just be a pleasant thing regardless........

have a happy day
Lucy