Maybe someone else has already made this point; sorry if so.
I believe it is Sue Mingus who is asking for the "weird" minor chord. It is not that weird if I perceive the request correctly.
Sometimes when you play Happy Birthday, the chord that accompanies the final statement of "Happy Birthday" is in the subdominant minor rather than the subdominant major.
I.e., if you're playing it in the key of C major, it'll go like this:

C G
Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you.

C7 F
Happy birthday dear (whosits)

Fm C/G G C
Happy birthday to you.

At least that's my take on it, and has been since 1979. Hope that's a help....

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus