> I found this very odd..  In Naral listing three of it's overall
> goals:  STRENGTHENING THE COMMITMENT OF PRO-CHOICE AMERICA.  How much
> more strengthening does pro-choice America need??????  For God's
> sake.,.. there has been 40 million plus abortions in this country
> since 1973!!   I would say their resolve has been up and running just
> fine.

Bree, I think the reason that NARAL believes the commitment should be
strengthened is that, considering the possibility of retiring U.S.
Supreme Court Justices and the yahoos in office right now, this country
is running the very real risk that all abortions will become illegal
again.  It sounds as if you would welcome that.  I hope you're in the
minority.

As far as there having been more than 40 million abortions in the U.S.
in the last 30 years, you might want to take a look at statistics from
before Roe v. Wade.  Here's one source:
http://www.choice.org/roevwade/facts.html  Some of the numbers are best
guesses, but I remember being in a Criminal Justice class in college
(around 1980), and the professor stating that it was estimated that the
percentage of abortions in the U.S. has always been - meaning BEFORE
and after Roe v. Wade - 25%.  One in four.

And as Joni sang in Songs To Aging Children Come:  "I am one."

Lori,
whose favorite bumper sticker is:

"Pro-Choice, Pro-Life, Every child a wanted child."