Wally wrote:

> when i spoke over the phone with you colin, i had such a hard time
> understanding you, though you have such a beautiful voice -- much
> lower than i had expected.

That's funny ... several years ago Colin called me on the phone, and he
commented that my voice was NOT as low as he had expected.  He said he
thought I would sound "more butch!"   : D

> to me the person with the most nearly perfect british accent on the
> list is john van tiel -- and he is dutch!

I agree.  That reminds me of when I lived in Germany ... some friends
and I walked down the street from my apartment to a sandwich shop, and
the young woman behind the counter was so pleased to discover that we
were Americans because she could use her English, which she had learned
while an exchange student in the U.S.  She then proceeded to speak with
a VERY pronounced U.S. Southern accent.  It FLOORED us!  Turned out she
had studied in Kentucky.  And she wasn't the only European I
encountered who spoke as if they had grown up in the deep South.  It's
SO strange to hear.

> of the canadians, mags has the most delightful sounds.

That's true, okay.   ; )

Lori