Nice post Dan, very nice!

> The musical structures were much simpler generally than all of hers
> since (and many before, for that matter), because they were
> composed and played exclusively BY HER ON GUITAR.

> It's my understanding that Jaco's bass parts were overdubbed at a
> later date;

I believe that's true.  I remember reading an interview in which Joni
said that she wrote the entire album while on a coast-to-coast road
trip, and the only instrument she had with her was her guitar.  (Anyone
else remember this?)

It's been almost 26 years, and Hejira remains my favorite album of all
time, by anyone.  And yes, I agree that it's Joni's best work.

Lori