>From the NYTimes:

A work of art featuring 23 miles of billowing
saffron-colored fabric by the artist Christo and his wife
Jeanne-Claude will be displayed along Central Park's
pedestrian paths for two weeks in February 2005, Mayor
Michael R. Bloomberg announced yesterday.

It will be the first public art project in New York for the
Bulgarian-born artist and his wife, who have previously
wrapped the German Reichstag in white cloth and scattered
several thousand blue and yellow umbrellas across Japan and
California.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/23/arts/design/23CHRI.html

I'm so excited about this! I can't wait to walk through the park while
this project is up. It'll be beautiful, all that billowing marigold
colored fabric marking the paths and visible even from afar through the
trees when winter is at its grayest. I've never seen a Christo creation
in person and have always wanted to, and am very happy Christo and
Jeanne-Claude have finally been given the go-ahead.

Has anyone here experienced one of Christo's projects?

Debra Shea

Now imagining strolling under huge pieces of bright cloth being made
alive and blown by the wind into unexpected and uncontrollable shapes... magnificent!