Corry,

It's a real 5.1 version by "longtime Pink Floyd producer/engineer" James
Guthrie.  I guess they couldn't persuade Alan Parsons to revisit his crowing
achievement?  Dunno if Waters or Gilmore were involved.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/store.cfm?Title_ID=10539&do=detail&keywords=
newsletter

That's good news for the 2 people on the planet who have SACD players.  The
rest of the world is sleeping through the revolution and that is why it will
"fail".

For non-audiophiles: This material will NOT be on the final exam.  It will
be just another Good Idea That Didn't Catch On like the Elcaset and Beta and
Laserdisc and FM radio.  (Okay, I slipped in a ringer.)  SACD is one of two
higher-rez formats.  Yeah, there are combination players that decode both
Sony's SACD and Panasonic's DVD-Audio.  As you would expect it's the usual
battle: Sony-Columbia versus the rest of the world.  There is already one
Joni Mitchell title available on DVD-Audio but no one on this list has ever
reviewed it.  There are no Beatles titles yet.  The revolution will not be
buying airtime on the Super Bowl broadcast.

Lama

np: a superb sounding David Crosby solo live disc.  I found it in a gas
station for $8 or something.  The title is "Live" and on a label called
"EMI-Capitol Special Markets".  Cat #72435-24498-2-8 (c) 2000.  The dynamics
are intact and that, my friends, is half the ride.  (That's what was so
disappointing about the latest live one from the E Streeters.  You would
think that Sony-Columbia would have figured it out by now, but no.  Even
"Live Rust" comes up lacking in the dynamics game.)