Mags, have just read your reply to Chris about the failure of some of us
(and me included) to put NJC on our mails.........and wanted to say how
wonderful and balanced, and beautifully you argued the point for tolerance
and unity between the Joni Onlies and the rest of us. We are subscribed to
this site for the swapping of ideas and Joni thoughts and discussion. Like
any community there are those who want to only see what applies to them and
their interests and then there are those who maybe want to tag in other
stuff.

I don't doubt that the Joni Onlies have rounded views and are interested in
all sorts of topics but care not to share them with the rest.

May I make an analagy........ I had a friend (when I was 8) who liked stamp
collecting...I did too..... but she would never show me her stamp album, nor
do any swaps.... We would talk for hours about stamps from around the world
and she would point out, from the Stanley Gibbons book, some of the stamps
she had.... I would have killed for some of the San Marino fishes!!! And
stamps were the only thing that we had in common..  I felt in awe of her
knowledge and dedication and singleminded interest... We went to different
schools at 11 and lost touch a bit. Then one day (we were about 15 )we met
up and had a chat, as you do, and she asked me was I still collecting
stamps. I had to admit that "no I wasn't" and I asked her was she? "Lucy I
never did.... that is why I never showed you my collection"  I was a bit
dumbfounded as I felt I had wasted so much time (all that way back)
wondering how she couldn't share this magnificent album with the
world.....and it was all because she had nothing to share... just a phantom
album full of non-existant stamps, that existed in some fantasy world where
knowledge was king but that was all, no heart to it....

Maybe the Joni Onlys are a bit like that? and please note the word MAYBE. I
cannot believe that  they are that narrow... they are passionate about Joni
and her music but maybe don't want to share anything beyond that....WE must
try harder to NJC our mails to avoid further rage from across the mail
divide...

COURT AND SPARK 30 years old....... WOW.... have to say I cannot pick a
favourite from the album. happy Birthday Court and Spark....

Lucy