Oh well - I guess Joni just isn't the "commitment"
type. I think any man who enters into a relationship
with Joni now probably understands that, if she
doesn't make it clear to them from the outset.

I admire her free spirit, I must say. I'm at a time in
my life now where I'm wondering if I'm a settle-down
type of guy or a wanderer. Both ways of being appeal
to me, as I'm sure they do to Joni.

The safety and security of a stable love creates
friction with a perceived loss of indepence, living
for yourself but also for another, never truly being
alone. Your decisions always influence another person
when in a realtionship and you soon "talk of love in
terms of sacrifice and compromise."

On the other hand, the freedom and indepence of
singlehood or casual dating can sometimes spiral down
to loneliness and isolation and you yearn for that
togetherness, that warmth of another body, another
soul, another mind. See above for the problems with
togetherness!

It's a vicious circle, this love.

But...

I'd be nothing without love...