i've been saying it for years,  and maybe, now, someone will take me
seriously.  i''m not saying their styles are similar, and i never seem to be
able to put my finger on exactly why i think this....but pj harvey is the
joni mitchell for the new generation.  if you had started with pj on her
first release and then progressed with her through the decade, perhaps you
could help me verbalize the parallels... perhaps it's just that no one else
could touch her.  perhaps it is the undeniable presence of this thing called
"art."  perhaps it is that each release saw her entering new
territory--breaking new ground.    i really do believe this.  i really do.
:-)

terry