Stephen Toogood wrote:

> Just starting to listen to more PJ myself. I'm liking some of it but like
> someone on the list said; not much melody. I shall listen some more though.
> Best to start with either 'Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea' (her
> most comercial

After all the raves from the critics about this album, I finally picked it
up. I liked it OK but it is not real close to being one of my desert
island picks. One thing I noticed about it is that she uses lots of
unusual time signatures (for pop, anyway).  There are some good
lyrical things in there, too. Vocally, she is kind of like Crissy Hynde's
pissed off little sister.
RR