Many of my Joni CD's are the HDCD encoded ones, and I'd wondered how much better they
might sound on a player that had that capability - the NAD 571t has the HDCD feature,
and as it's currently selling at half price, $400, I got one. And the difference is
truly extraordinary, my system sounds like I just spent thousands rather than a few
hundred. Clearer, richer, punchier, more detailed than you can believe. My previous CD
player (also NAD) in comparison made the music seem like a paint by numbers picture
with most of the canvas left white. I have so much respect for Joni Mitchell that even
albums I don't exactly 'get' yet, I reserve judgment, figuring the fault's more likely
with me. Mingus, to name names, but with this new player Mingus is presented with
absolute studio presence and clarity and suddenly you see what she was getting at.

I've been a big fan of Steve Hoffman's DCC gold remasters of Blue and Court and Spark,
but now the HDCD's sound every bit as good. - Kent