In a message dated 2/1/03 3:01:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> :
> Mark T asked about these lines:

>            He went to California
>            Hearing that everything's warmer there
>            So you write him a letter and say, "Her eyes are blue"
>            He sends you a poem and she's lost to you
>            Little Green, he's a non-conformer

I have also wondered about them. Here's my take.

The father has fled Dodge City for CA. She cannot afford the child by
herself. She writes about her to the father, who sends a poem instead of cash
(he's a non-comformer). She has to give up the baby.

I am probably being a simpleton here. Hoping for a more interesting answer
from someone else.

Bobsart