I didn't expect to be welcomed by people into this group, and I'm pleased to
find that so many are like me, "As daft as a brush,"   I mean that in the
nicest possible way of course.  Music is a personal thing, and all of us have
liked someone who no-one else seems to like, and maybe Joni and her music is
just too deep, for people with a "Wam bam thank you mam"  approach to lyrics,
and so they just don't try, for me her music reaches inside, and it is hard
to understand why some people can't relate to it, yet I don't like the music
of Van Morrison, yet so many people do.
SO!!!! all of you, it's admit it time, lets see how diverse our tastes are,
list 10 artists/groups you like, but at the end of the list you must include
that secret that you meant to take to the grave, you know, you love The Bay
City Rollers!!!
My list
Joni Mitchell - especially her earlier work  Cat Stevens - James Taylor -
Labi Siffri - Beatles - Cheryl Crow - Erasure - Squeese
Doris Day -  Nat King Cole, I don't care what anyone says, nobody can sing
that  well. and Doris is a dream, Oh yes she is !
I didn't give this much thought, I could have included Kathleen Farrier, she
died in the 50's, and a favourite song on the radio when I was a kid was
"Blow the wind Southerly" and if that womans voice doesn't move you, you're
not human.

The Shuttle disaster means somebody will be missing someone, this is
something I wrote on the evening of September 11th, had I lost my life so
unexpectedly, I thought about all those thing that are left unsaid, and
wondered if it were possible,  what I would want to say to my family.  Bye
for now Fred

                                                  "REMEMBER ME"

CLOSE YOUR EYES, CAN YOU HERE ME? IbVE SOMETHING TO SAY
PLEASE BE STRONG, HELP EACH OTHER SURVIVE,
THINK OF ME, EVEN TALK TO ME, IbM WITH YOU EACH DAY,
NOW YOUR MEMORIES WILL KEEP ME ALIVE.

IbM SORRY IbM NOT THERE, TO PROVE THAT I CARE,
AND IbM SORRY FOR ANY TEARS I MADE YOU CRY,
IF I EVER TOOK YOU FOR GRANTED, THEN THAT WAS UNFAIR,
PLEASE FORGIVE ME, OR AT LEAST, WILL YOU TRY.

REMEMBER EACH DAY,  AS YOUR SUN GOES AWAY,
YOUR NIGHTS ARE NOT AS DARK AS THEY SEEM,
IbM THE SHADOWS THAT TOUCH YOU AND KISS YOU GOOD NIGHT,
IbLL KEEP YOU WARM AND SAFE IN YOUR DREAMS.

I WISH I COULD HUG YOU, HOLD YOU SO TIGHT,
AND CHASE AWAY ALL YOUR FEARS,
I JUST WISH I COULD SOOTHE AWAY ALL YOUR PAIN,
AND KISS AWAY ALL YOUR TEARS.

NOW PLEASE REMEMBER MY GRIN, AND THE WAY I WALKED IN,
MY HELLO, MY EXCUSES, MY GOODBYE,
AND REMEMBER MY DARES, OR JUST THE SCENT OF MY HAIR,
AND ALL OUR DREAMS, THAT WERE "PIE IN THE SKY."

AND REMEMBER MY LIFE, AND ALL THOSE SONGS THAT I LIKED,
OR THE MAD WAY I RAN UP THE STAIRS.
WHEN YOU LEFT ME ALONE, I ALWAYS WISHED YOU WOULD PHONE, I ALWAYS MISSED YOU
WHEN YOU WERENbT THERE.

DRAW STRENGTH FROM ME NOW, MAKE ME PROUD, HOW YOUbLL GROW,
RISE ABOVE, SPREAD YOUR WINGS, BE SO FREE,
AND MAY PEACE RULE YOUR LIFE, FILLED WITH LAUGHTER AND LOVE,
AND FROM TIME TO TIME, THINK OF ME
AND WHEN YOU DO, REMEMBER HOW I LOVED YOU.
I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVED ME.

                        FRED BEACH SEPT 11TH 2001