"Jim L'Hommedieu (Lama)" wrote:

> I have to chime in with a quote from the re-released "All Things Must Pass"
> by George Harrison.  I'm really enjoying it especially on CD because one of
> the LPs I bought oh-so-long-ago was pressed with an off-center hole!  Some
> songs wobbled.
>
> Anyway, in "Beware Of Darkness", brother George's trademark humor shines
> through:
>
> "Beware of fallllll-ing
>  swingers."
>
> As a survivor of bad management at the hands of Lennon's choice, George also
> warns,
>
> "Beware of.... ABKCO."  Way recommended, this may be George's finest hour.
> Of course, McCartney had the brilliant "Ram" about that time.  Gees, it's a
> shame that Ringo and that hack Lennon never came though as solos.
>
> Lama
> (yes, I'm baiting the John Lennon fans)

Yes, you are....and while I like a great deal of the solo post-Beatles
stuff (hell, I even like Wings' Wildlife), I will defend "John Lennon/
Plastic Ono Band" (1970) as the top of the heap.
All Things Must Pass is chock-full of great tunes that were
welling up in George all that time he was doing the 103rd take
of Maxwell's Silver Hammer, etc.
btw there is a bootleg called "Beware of Abkco" that has the
complete solo demos that ATMP hints at. Snag if you can.
RR