billy bragg
mary chapin carpenter
michelle shocked
sonny landreth
emmylou harris
gillian welch
Eddi Reader
Janis Joplin

no mistake about rory edging out joni. i am totally besotted with rory block
at the moment!!! her guitar playing is incredible - truly one of the
greatest blues guitarists of our time, and her voice is the greatest i have
heard. even more emotion than janis!!!!  (tho not quite the same type of raw
emotion). if you like music with real emotion (and why else would you be on
a joni list??) check out rorys music.

yes - joni is "better", but at the moment i prefer rory. remains to be seen
of she stands the same test of time as joni tho'.

of the rest patty larkin stands out slightly, & the rest are pretty much on
a par with me.

only two male singers!!! (well - 3 if you add in matthew ward from 2nd
chapter of acts)

as far as guilty secrets go, well, what abour Dr Hook & The Medicine Show
(up til the damn awful "baby makes her blue jeans talk) i still regularly
put on "freakers ball" & blast the neighbours away.

natalie imbruglia's left of the middle - i really have a thing for "torn"

also a local artist sonja herholdt who really is an awful bland country &
western, yet somehow has a nice positive emotion in her music. most people
here who know her music think im mad when i say i like her music (bad) or
else identify me with one of her normal fans (even worse!!!!)

ron