Well, yeah.  I like piano albums like "For the Roses" and "Boys For Pele"
MUCH better on LP but space-rock like "The Yes Album" better on CD.

Go for it.  Me?  I can't wait for my career to rebound so I can upgrade to
an insanely expensive cartridge on the turntable.

Lama

Andrew (Little Bird) said,

I've been meaning to ask if anyone has noticed a considerable difference in
the quality of sound on Joni's vinyl albums versus her CDs. I do have a
turntable but no Joni on vinyl and I've always been curious about the sound
difference. I find that vinyl records have more body to them while CDs offer
clarity and I don't particularly mind a bit of the groove-scratch feedback.
I think it's rather fun, actually.

The reason I'm asking this is because I saw a freshly packaged copy of The
Hissing of Summer Lawns on vinyl and so want to buy it! But is the sound any
better on vinyl?