Speaking of "Mingus", have I mentioned that Leonard Feather of "downbeat
magazine" gave it 5 stars out of 5?

I have?  But have I mentioned it THIS week?  Here's the first sentence to
get the new folks started: "This is a wonderful piece of work."

read up:
http://www.jonimitchell.com/downbeat79.html

Lama
np: Tori Amos' "Under the Pink" on brand new vinyl.  Yeah, baby!

in a ghostly hand, Randy Remote wrote,

While Mingus is generally blamed as the point in which Joni's career took a
dive (even by herself), this table reveals that DJRD was the first release
since Blue to drop below the top 20, at #25 as well as the third quickest to
drop off the charts altogether. Mingus even rebounded to #17.