Last night my wife dragged me to see Elton John performing solo at the Paris
Lido
for an AIDS gala in front of about 500 people.
I wasn't expecting too much, and to my great amazement he was really rockin'.
There was an avalanche of hits for 1h40' straight (oops, I mean gay),
with merely 5 second breaks between the songs, all on grand piano.

Towards the end of the show, Elton announced that he was
going to play someone else's song.
Lo and behold, the lucky one was no less than Ryan Adams'
Sweet Carolina from Heartbreaker.
Can you imagine: someone with a 30+ year career covering
this young "garage sushi rock" kid of 29!
What an honor.
So if you still don't think this Ryan kid has got it, well Elton thinks so.

Laurent