Sarah,
I just wanted to make sure I under stood what it was you were
saying, through some of the twisted rhetoric I've been reading.
First, you are saying the Church as an institution, not as individual
people, feels it is infallible. This has caused the Church (institution)
to possibly cover up wrongs committed by individuals within the
institution, things like abuse.  I didn't read anything in your post
that declared ALL Catholics are evil, but I might have missed that.
Second, you read a book that expressed how you personally feel
about the Catholic church, not that this one book gave you your
perspective as another lister proposed.  From all the post you have
written I would find it difficult to believe that you form opinions from one
source, but again I might have missed something.
Third, I must admit that I was shocked to learn all the links you
provide are merely opinions and not based in fact. Silly me, I've read
most of the links posted here, by you and others, and only now I find
it is mere opinions. Of course there are those that print partial articles
that when I read the whole thing is not the view being expressed on
this list, but is quoted as the gospel in part.  Or the times people have
taken something, written feverishly and found the statements they based
their rhetoric on false yet never say oops, I jumped the gun there (Dashels
speech comes to mind).
You also said that you didn't see much tolerance for people who support
the war.  Well, it is quite alright to categorize ALL republicans as war
mongering
oil drinking swine, after all there are no individual good republicans, only
individual good Catholics. I was also born and raised Catholic.  I too had
nuns as teachers, and some were very nice, some were not.  I had to
leave the faith as it's hard to be a practicing Catholic, and a practicing
homosexual.
However I hear you can be a priest, and a child molester. The church simply
moves you from one area to another.
Lastly, I missed the part where you don't respect others views, and
where you were spitting, and sputtering.  I've only read very thought
out views from you.  As I was born Catholic, and am a believer in God
I would like to know if you have been putting me down for this.  I am
also a republican and you know how we just love war, so please be informed
you Canadian trollop, this USA bit** will have Bush declare war on you.  By
the way does Canada have any oil?
Kasey Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com