Kate - Randy Newman  There is some truth in that song, but I think he was
getting at certain Americans as well.    Following Sept 11th it was so sad to
hear Young Americans saying the whole World must hate America, they don't, we
don't, but it must have seemed that way to many, but how do you explain it
away,  Randy who will have travelled the World, turned his observations into
this song.
           America is that guy or girl in school, who always had money,
great clothes, lived in a great house, (s)he won every race, was captain of
the school team, never had spots, passed every exam.  To some they were an
idol, while others, so green with envy, wished (s)he  would choke on their
sucess.  Big shots can make enemies without knowing it, some tread on the
little guys toes and don't give a damn, as so many stars find out with early
sucess everyone loves you, once you reach the top of the tree, many of those
people will want to shoot you down.
             GOD (if he exists?) BLESS OUR DIFFERENCES (and America )
I'm coming to walk the "Appalachian Way", then "The Great Devide"  and I'm
planning to stop off at Joni's for a cup of tea and a bite to eat, and a
quick critique of her paintings, you're all invited.  Will you tell her or
should I  ??    Fred