[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>In a message dated 2/6/2003 3:25:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

>>However, my major concern is the no choice aspect.
>>

>Colin, does this mean also that you do not believe in docking the tails or
>ears from dogs?

dogs are somewhat different to children!
However, since you asked, I believe that ear cropping is barbaric as is
the declawing of cats. Both these practices are illgeal here and in the
rest of the EU.

Tail docking is banned in many European countries. It is not banned
here, but it will be soon.

I have seen a litter docked at 3 days. they did not react to it at all.
 There are breeds of dogs, by the nature of their work, that are better
off wihtout a tail. Some breeds also have tails, that wag a great deal
and they constantly damage them until they have to be removed. It is a
far worse thing to do to an adult.

I cannot see any justification for many breeds of dogs to have their
tails removed, and certianly not in most cases, in show dogs that do not
also work.(by work I mean wroking in the field etc)