Thanks Gill, for the link to the article.  I'll be paying close
attention to the Bushies, who may actually be onto something ...

> A perceived North Korean threat is necessary to justify building the
> Theater Missile Defense (TMD) system, intended to counter China's
> growing military and political power. With China's economy growing at
> seven percent, it is only a matter of time before it dwarfs Japan in
> power and strategic influence. This worries sectors of Japan's
> government <snip>

... although I still believe Bush, et al, are too quick to jump to
military solutions and too slow to engage in diplomatic talks.

> http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=920

Lori,
whose "mother-in-law" was a little girl in Tokyo during WWII

~
http://lrfye.lunarpages.com
~