I like this thread!  Patti Smith comes to mind again with "Gloria" and Joe Cocker with
Leon
RUssell's "Delta Lady" - although I dig Leon's version as well.  And as it is playing
right now
through my apartment, Phoebe Snow doing Paul Simon's "Something So Right" for me
anyway, surpasses
Simon's own version.  I also kind of dig that Mitchell girl's version  of "Twisted."
And you know
there may be more.  Oh yeah there is, Eva Cassidy doing Sting's "Fields of Gold."

Peace,
Susan

http://mailplus.yahoo.com