King Christian of Denmark wore the yellow star (maybe he
had a wife named Kristina, I don't know) and daily rode,
wearing his yellow star, on his horse through Tivoli Garden
for all the Danes to see.   His reasoning was all Danes
were equal and what one Dane had to wear, they all had to
wear.  That caused enough consternation with the Nazis -
because then every Dane then wore the yellow star - that
the time of Nazi confusion allowed the Danes to smuggle the
Jews out of Denmark  on boats into Sweden.   I think a
total of 4 or 6 Danish Jews were ultimately lost.

One of the boats used used in the rescue of the Danish Jews
is on dispay at Mystic Seaport, in Mystic, Connecticutt.

Vince

  The one notable exception among world leaders being Queen
Kristina (from Sweden I think,

  or was it Denmark or Holland?) who wore the yellow star
of David herself.

  Then one wonders why the Israelis only rely on themselves
to garantee their safety, just a thought.

  Laurent