[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Colin asks:

<< Why are so many receptionists dragons? >>

so a cut finger, no matter how painful it is to you, Colin, may not register as a very big deal to a receptionist

I understand your point. However, it is more than a cut finger-it is a cut off finger, or rather a cut off chunk of finger. I didn't need to see the dr but one of the nurses. we have plenty. As the nurse who did see me pointed out, this person ahd no business deciding what wasnecessary and what wasn't. The same opinion as the er doc. Apaft rom which it she who expected me to go to the hospitla er which was daft to say the least. as the dr said, he would have to send an ambulance. no one wanted that.

From a doctor's point of view, a dragon receptionist would probably be preferable to a pussycat.

mmm..firm and polite, yes. One who makes medicla descisions? No.

In any case, *I* hope you feel better soon, Colin!

well it looks like this bloody thing is going to m=be wrapped up for a mth. I will have to take my dogs to have them groomed. And use plenty of deodourant!!!

   --Bob