Catherine wrote:I just got my weekly e-mail from Hugh's Room (folk
club in Toronto) and there's something posted for Sat
Feb 15 called "Boys Play Girls", notable for the one
I've marked with **these things** below:

" Joey Wright as Lucinda Williams
Dug Paisley as Gillian Welch
Kurt Swinghammer as Laura Nyro
Melwood Cutlery as Diana Ross
Liam Titcomb as Katherine Wheatley
**The Supers as Joni Mitchell**
Blair Packham as... stay tuned
Wendell Ferguson as... stay tuned"

Of course, I have no idea who the Supers are, nor for
that matter, who any of these other people are (the
"boys" that is) but it's only $10 and of course I know
who Joni Mitchell is. Apparently it takes more than
one "boy" to equal one Joni Mitchell too.

This info can be found at http://www.hughsroom.com>

Any Torontoises interested in going to this?

and now me:
Liam Titcomb is the son of Brent Titcomb, you may have heard of him .. he's a regular
in the southern ontario folk scene...you can see him at a number of the summer Folk
Fest series as well as with the Oakville Folk club just down the road from you more or
less. He's a sweet man, and a wonderful singer/songwriter. His son Liam is following
right in his Dads footsteps which is so wonderful to see and yes I would love to come
with you only...boohooo I cant just yet.
Katherine Wheatley is another of the regular crew..shes amazing and Im sure this gang
is going to have a fantastic time of it.
When we come to town hopefully in the summer Catherine, we will have to get together
and go to Hugh's . Its so great there. The best of the best. The llittle club where
Eric Anderson performed in Oct 2001 when Joni came up on stage and sang with him ;-)
Not sure who the Supers are...be sure to go and we look forward to your report!!
just a little green eyed Mags ;-)

You open my heart, you do.
Yes you do.
     - JM