Jimmy wrote:

> Laurent, I can see why you're saying what you are saying.  I have
> volunteered for the Abuse Counseling Treatment center here in Ft.
> Myers for a few years.  I have also read articles how abused victims
> become abusers themselves.  There are some studies that support this.
> PLUS the media belts this theory into our heads, but like Colin and
> Bob have said, this is not entirely true.  IMO, most abused victims
> don't become abusers, but some do, especially the ones who don't seek
> *some* kind of help.

I think if you turn the statement around, it's more likely to be true (from
what I've read myself), ie. those people who ARE child abusers are more
likely to have been abused themselves, rather than saying "all those who are
abused will become abusers", which is not the case.  And note that I said
"are more likely to become" not "will become" as there are certainly child
abusers out there who were not victims themselves.

Hell