> The Eminem fan club is accepting congratulations for the Oscar
> nomination for 8 Mile for best song -

I am one with you on this one, Vince! So glad it got at least a nomination.

> and Y Tu Mama Tambien got screwed by only getting one nomination, Best
> Original Screenplay, it deserved more.

Although I prefer either Pedro Almodovar's HABLE CON ELLA or Zhang Yimou's
HERO as best foreign language film, I agree that Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN
deserved more nominations. But as you may know already, Mexico's entry for
the Best Foreign Language film in the Oscar derby is EL CRIMEN DE PADRE
AMARO (The Crimes of Padre Amaro) and not Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN. Either film
stars Gael Garcia Bernal.

Joseph in Manila
(with humidity so thick its almost solid)