I remember her answering this in an interview included on one of the
tape trees.  If I remember correctly (now on thin ice, as it has been a
very long time), it is computer generated (VG-8?) and she felt that it
was the "same as" actually playing the oboe.  I recall feeling that it
was disrespectful to those who had put in the many long hours it takes
to learn to play that instrument - but then she has that celebrated
arrogance, doesn't she?

Maggie