Thanks Sarah, I feel much better now!! ;-)
I guess they must have pretty hard intelligence to do this, I just wonder what difference police presence makes - does it just show any potential terrorists we're prepared & ready? Colin - it's horrible having to worry about such things, it all seems much more immediate at the moment and close to home. I am flying next month but going from Stansted. I never used to be scared of flying but I can't say I feel that way anymore - I guess many people feel the same way this last eyar or so.

Tamsin, there's a specific threat from a terrorist cell with links to al-Qaeda - they apparently intend to blow up an aircraft leaving or arriving at Heathrow using a ground-to-air missile. The threat is said to be serious and specific, so Tony Blair has authorized the deployment of the army as well as counter-terrorist police around the airport.

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk