mike says
> Chomsky has always condemned tyranny wherever it stands and from whichever
political
wing it emerges.<

which leads me to contemplate these thoughts from Thomas Jefferson:

"The will of the people is the only legitimate foundation of any
government, and to protect its free expression should be our first
object."

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

"A little rebellion now and then...is a medicine necessary for the
sound health of government."

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."
(Motto on his seal)

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends
[life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness] it is the right of the
people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government..."
(The Declaration of Independence)

"Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error."

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies."

Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Kate Bennett: www.katebennett.com
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful
committed citizens can change the world,
indeed it is the only thing that ever has."
Margaret Mead